Tuesday, January 10, 2012

We are one in Christ (Testimony of a Pastor's wife)

The first day that I wore my assistants uniform was on a Friday evening. I was very nervous, shy, and a bit lost. If you've already gone through this, you'll know very well the feeling. It's as if everyone is looking at you. It was on this day that I saw my husband for the first time, when I looked at him I thought, "Could it be that he'll be my husband?"

Girls, it wasn't a malicious thought, I wasn't looking for a boyfriend, I didn't have the desire to be a pastor's wife, it was something automatic. I just looked and simply thought, he was very serious, after some moments the thought passed.

Immediately after he was transfered to another church, he only came on Tuesdays; where we had the chain of 70 apostles, up until now I didn't have any sort of feelings towards him. I only observed... I found him very serious, and that for me was a positive thing for a man. After some time he disappeared, he had been transfered to another city. On a certain day, I was at home, and was listening to the program and the Bishop announced that this certain pastor was going to be transfered to the headquarters. Girls don't think bad of me but when I heard Bishop say this, I thought, "Imagine, me married with this pastor??" Lol, you must be laughing, but it's exactly what happened. After some time I began observing him; his behavior, his meetings, his prayers. On my behalf, I started to get feelings towards him but he didn't like me.

One day he called me, told me to forget about him, that he didn't like me, he told me very strong words, he told me I needed to convert, lol, seriously. I couldn't believe I was hearing that, this happened on a Saturday. On the next Sunday morning meeting, I kneeled down and told God I didn't accept suffering, I suffered only when I was served the devil. I told God to have him like me in one week or to take away this feeling completely from me also in one week. I told God I didn't accept this situation, if it was His will, for His glory that He bless this (because if a relationship is for the glory of God, His going to make us happy without a doubt). It was a quick prayer, I didn't ask God for anything else; I let Him do His part.

Can you believe it, on Valentines Day he sent me flowers, it was a confirmation from God. He did like me, I shouted out of joy, I had determined it but couldn't believe it was happening. We began to pray together, after a few months we began dating, after 5 months we got married. In this year, 2012, we will complete 12 years of marriage. God had prepared us for each other, we are one in Christ.

Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.

Rose - Angola

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is to strong, You left me amazed with testimony. I have no words to say. I must admit I can't imagine me hearing those tough words I think I would break like a glass lool only God would be the one to sustain me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing testimonies like this. I it's funny because most of the testimonies I have heard from pastor's wives, is the husband did not like them at first and told them to forget about it. See how God works. He is so faithful that when your heart is rooted in Him and gives to you the desires of your hearts and really changes the heart and mind of the man.

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."