Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 13 + of God – of me: Bad eyes, taking it personal

When I arrived to church there was an assistant that would worry for me, every time that I would talk to someone, or that I was mad at someone, she would always say: “Let’s pray,” or would change the subject and would put a lot flyers from church on my hands and would say: “Let’s evangelize,” with a smile on her face. She would do this all the time! I would talk about someone, she listened to me and would say the same words and then she would call me to get busy with something.

Then I started to see her with bad eyes and to feel hate against her, but she was taking care of my soul and she would not feed what was wrong within, she didn’t criticize me, nor judged me, but this attitude would frustrate me.  One day I told her about what I thought about it, she answered me: “When you are experiencing problems with regard to this, we need to give more to God, so you do not have this in your head, so as not to fall into your heart and then get stuck with bad eyes.”

She was wise, I never saw her making any negative comment about anyone; she was always willing to help in the right way.
“O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.” Mathew 12:34.

She could see that I was being guided by my heart and emotions, that I would end up bad and that I needed help and wisely she helped me.

“For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,” Mark 07:21.

That assistant is a woman of God until today, she continues doing the Work of God in the youth group, after so many years she continues being the same, it seems like time doesn’t pass on her.

When our eyes are good everything seems different.

“The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thin eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thin eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.” Luke 11: 34.

From today you will monitor your eyes, the way you view things, you are going to find see the good in people and if someone comes and wants to contaminate your heart you are going to change the topic, or you are going to alert the person, or you will do what the assistant did, go away from it and undermine the light of God in you!

Because if you listen and do nothing, it will be equal to the person and instead of helping her, you end chronicled to you.
And if she is called the attention for something she did wrong, it will be grateful, because it is God who wants to rid herself of that follow taking misconduct.

“Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.” John 15:08.

Note: Don’t forget the 7-hour fast, if you forgot the purpose click here.

Fabiane Cunha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."