Saturday, October 5, 2013

Day 10 + of God – of me: Deal with the critics

Have you ever been criticized for something good that you have done? Have you received critics and you were unfairly judged? May be you wanted to give an advice or you wanted to do something good, something spiritual, a vote with God, a purpose and etc… but suddenly you saw yourself in the eye of the hurricane doing this; even you thought about stopping  what you were doing for this situation, but we are considering a passage of the Bible that speaks of it...

“Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odor of the ointment. Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, which should betray him, Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?” John 12:3-5.

She was criticized as if she was doing something wrong, but she was doing it with all her soul and love; suddenly someone supposed from God (Judas was a disciple of God at that moment) criticized her! Let’s imagine we were on her place, giving the best and our life, but she was criticized; she wasn’t doing this to show off or to be seen as a good girl, she was expressing what was in her, all the love and trust in God.

If there is one thing you have to be prepare for are critics, if you are doing the good things have this on your mind, critics are going to come and sometimes you never imagine from where; This is a lot to the married as they will have to learn to deal with them; and don't think that your husband is the worst person in the world! OR is stopping, simply is not within you to understand ... but the Lord Jesus understands you well. Learn to receive critics and not to get hurt at the same time or with anger, you know what is inside you, not justified, let God justify it!

I have passed through difficult situations in which I was doing everything good but I was misunderstood, criticized and I had to deal with it, my husband couldn’t help because it was like not even him understanding me; but God let it happened so I could search more for Him and trust Him, in His work and He always justified me; I never try to defend myself or justify myself because the Lord Jesus knew my intention and what better consolation that this?

He is going to justify you! But on His hour and time!

“Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:” Psalms 139:23.
If you have been or are being criticize, judged by something, you are not going to be angry, hate, wanting to take revenge, wanting to pay with the same coin, NO! You are going to show you are from God and that you trust in Him, you would not want to convince them with your own strengthen, you are going to pray for them and ask God for them with love, you are going to talk to them normal and you would treat them nice, you are going to show that your relationship with God is more important than anything on this world, that your emotions doesn’t lead your attitudes, but your principles.

“Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21.
Fabiane Cunha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."