Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 4 + of God – of me: Be like a child!

Do you remember when you were a kid?

The first time you decided to ride a bike or skates?

I remembered it very well. It was the time that I fall and get up the most. What is very surprising is that the next day I was trying again to ride the bike; One day my father hold me in the bike, he ran and pushed me, It was good, but then I fell and I injured myself really bad, I cried a lot. But although I fell in several occasions, it did not matter; I was willing to learn how to ride a bike.

Time passed and I learned and I would go anywhere with my bike, I would drive with a hand, I went up in the sidewalk, and I did lot things, and you know why? Because when we are children, we don’t   give up; when we fall, we get up, we clear our shed tears immediately and we start to do what we like the most.

Look what the Lord Jesus said, “And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18.03.

Why does Jesus want us to be like children? Is very simple, because the child is willing to learn and never give up; lives life everyday with intensity, if he falls, he does not takes a lot time to get up. You understand now?

We are on a walk with God, is normal that things would come out for you to give up, don’t stop! Don’t stop! There a passage that gives me a lot strength and it shows great determination: “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”     Philippians 3: 13-14.

The apostle Paul clearly knew this and wrote this inspired by the Holy Spirit. You have an objective, don’t stop, even if you fall, get up! Don’t let your memories frustrate you, Continue!

Every morning I wake up happy, because I know the mercy of my God is going to be in my life again and I have a new chance to do things different and better than yesterday.

“It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23.

For now on, you are going to take a different step…. You will not feed failures thoughts, discourage, not negative thoughts of sins and mistakes of the past, and leave everything in the past, LEAVE THEM FOR REAL! After all you and I have a new day to write a new story.

Fabiane Cunha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."