Thursday, March 8, 2012

3rd Check Up - Are you judging too quickly?

Could it be that you've never judged a situation? Or perhaps someone, without knowing them directly? Of course you have, we all have!

Many times we aren't our own judge but instead become the judge of others, isn't that right? It's difficult to reflect and judge our own actions. Honestly, no one likes being judged, do you? But why is it that every moment we are judging those around us in their attitudes, their behaviors, their posture, how they speak, in their silence... you get the point? We judge all the time and for all kinds of reasons, even when we have none.

We have to understand that before being the judge of another, we have to observe their motives, ask God for guidance, what He wants, before pointing an 'apparent' flaw, which might not even be true. You could ask yourself, "Why is so and so acting that way?" They aren't! Could you stop assuming before you have something to say to someone, because judging others only because of information can be dangerous, and many times, we could be taking souls to hell with this attitude.

We have to always be patrolling ourselves, specially women... we first have to look at ourselves, and not fall into the devil's trap, who many times tries to convince us that judging isn't so bad. Let's be careful, let us be included in God's plans, to be at his disposal, and once we are, people will see the God in us.

Everyday, many people have judged too quickly and delayed the Work of God and many times they take these actions because of personal motives, and unfortunately they get fed up with God because of not watching... be very careful friends!

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matthew 7:1-5

13 comments:

  1. Quite recently I've realised that when we are too quick to judge situations and even people it causes unnecessary fuss which can damage good friendships and even delay the work of God. So you are right when you say we need to analyse ourselves and stop assuming things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Women are the masters at judging, which isnt a good thing. We judge anyone and everyone on their appearance, speech anything really.
    which is dangerous, things like this can damage friendships, even place a grudge in our hearts for that person when we do not even know them. sometimes these people we judge could become to be the nicest and most friendliest people - dont judge a book by its cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The less we judge others, the more we will be able to help others. But we can only help others once we have helped ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've realised that if we judge people we are basically saying that we are better than them and we dont have any flaws,, but really we are not better than them and we should always try to see the good in them. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. the comment above was from Adeola PCK. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Graci,
    I think that misjudging people is not a small matter at all. Many souls have left the house of God because people with a lack of character spoke bad about them even before knowing them, or judged them on something that is not true. So I am totally against misjudging people because I have too be misjudged by many.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i totally agree with this i know at times i have judged people or situation to quick and have been wrong but it hurts when someone does it to u its true you have to look at your self before looking at others. but sometimes its very hard to do cause we can sometimes be to lenient with ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember once I was leaving the church after a night vigil and I had seen so many people drunk as it was a Friday night and some of the people I was with were saying things like " these people;look at their lives all they do is drink, look at the lives they are living and the worst is that they don't learn they do it again and again"
    For one moment I just thought no let's not speak like this because half of these people are depressed, suicidal and alone. They don't know God, they need help. I even saw a young girl who was so drunk she had lost her
    shoes and i wished I could give her mine and take her
    home because as much as they act as if they don't care
    they are still just as like us human; and just as God is
    merciful to us we should be to all others and not judge
    them left right and centre.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this reminds me of something a youth pastor always said to us in youth meeting; when we point a finger at some- we hide with our thumb the fact that we are pointing three back at ourselves. This message is so strong! we need to seriously think about the reason why we say what we are about to say and think about the affects of saying it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, I have become so addicted to this blog now lol.... This message once again, is very strong and straight to the point... I was so used to judging people and situations which in most cases had nothing to do with me;until the penny dropped and I realised that I was actually being worse than the one I judged just by doing exactly that: JUDGING! it really is so easy to fall into this trap; hence why the Word of God tells us to "watch(daily) without ceasing". It is time to watch our thoughts and more so our mouths.. Thank you for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I really feel like a Hypocrite! People sometimes misunderstand me, (I think I am bad at communicating and I am not great at expressing myself)...They judge and assume my actions and motives are one way, when they can be wrong. But the joke is I do this to others as well. I am going to work against this, I want to be useful in God's hands and the only way I can be useful is when I remove the plank of wood from my eyes. I am very glad I read this blog!
    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."