Friday, March 2, 2012

1st Check Up - Have you been persuaded?

When I started out in church, I dressed like a guy, spoke rudely and improper, I was rude and bitter, I was very displeasing. Did I know this? Yes, but I didn't think it was something to worry about. During this time, I don't remember anyone coming up to me and saying, "Graciele, you dress bad, you're not pleasant, you're this or that, you need to change, to dress up more." Instead they would come up to me and say, "Graciele, you are special and beautiful, God chose you, you are important for Him." And that's how I started changing and the reason I'm here today.

What am I trying to say with this? Nobody tried to convince me, that I was in the wrong, that I needed to change, but instead, people gave me what I needed, they reminded me that I was important for God, the One who convinced me that I needed to convert, stop speaking rudely and dress better was the Holy Spirit.

I was observing today that many of us have annoyed people of God, trying to persuade them, insisting for them to change, to give their lives to God, specially the youth. It's an out of the ordinary pressure that influences many to take decisions based on this insistence and later on the regret it and go back into the world because it wasn't God the one who convinced them but, the servant of God.

And this also happens with us, people in general who do the Work of God. They try to convince that you have to be a certain way and every time your colleague sees you they keep reminding you, insisting until you do as they say.

I want you to understand that it's not wrong to give advice, teach, help, but the one who convinces is the Holy Spirit, and the one who decides to do this is each one of us, don't confuse these things.

We have lost many people because of these attitudes, they have left God because they can't handle the pressure of those servants of God (they feel suffocated). Be very careful with the way you've treated people and even your friends. Your behavior can damage your image, and make people stay away from you and God. Don't try to do God's job, work with Him. 

Note: People come from the world into the church burdened and the ones who are in church have gone through several trials... so why try to impose more burdens on them with this attitude?

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment..." John 16:7-8

To be continued...

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."