Wednesday, March 7, 2012

2nd Check Up - Are you limitless?

The amount of those who serve God has grown. Around us we hear and see many people who serve Him by evangelizing, cleaning, being an assistant, being responsible of many things, and doing this or that. Let's just say, there's several serving God around us. But, why is there a difference between one and the other? Why do some stand out whilst others don't? Why is it that sometimes those who stand out are the ones who appear to not "do as much" according to human eyes?

Because those who don't stand out are servants with limitations. They have boundaries which block God's power in them. They're not always willing when God needs to use them, like in very simple situations.They fail to see that because of their boundaries and their "own will" they're unable to... Why? Because their "own will" overpowers them.

During the time I wasn't able to do anything, while I was recovering from an incident, I saw and learned a lot more about this. I asked myself every day, am I a servant with limitations? Where can I serve more? Where does God want more of me? Do you know why I kept asking this? Because I saw many people who were servants with limitations, and the worst part is that they had not even noticed it, I have prayed to God not to be that way, because there's a chance, I haven't seen it as well, but I want to... I want to be a limitless servant for Him.

How can one be a limitless servant? Is it with the strength of your arms? Or is it to do so much and later on, lose your physical strength and start complaining? Is it being part of everything, always being in charge, and putting down others who follow you? Not at all friends. God works quite differently than you can imagine, if we don't understand that, God will not have the freedom to use us.

He tests us all the time, to see if what we say in our prayers is indeed true, "Lord, I am here! Use me!" to see if you're being sincere. And how does He find out? In the simplest situations in our day to day, and once he approves us, He is able to do through us what He needs.

Here are some situations He has shown me:

Be sympathetic with the people that go to church, but don't want anything to do with God, you know those who only go to waste time? (God showed me that if they're still going, it's because He wants to save them, and I need to be in God's plans in order for Him to work in these people.) 

Serve those who currently have limitations (Even if they think I'm a fool because I'm always trying to serve them, even if they may take advantage of me, with my attitude God will eventually show them that I'm doing the right thing, that I'm serving God. I'm not worried about who I'll have to serve). 

Doing things only for the eyes of God (No one is watching me and, I don't tell anyone when I clean the church restrooms but, God is being glorified when people go in and say, "This restroom smells nice, I wondered who cleaned it..." I don't even need to say it was me... 

Or, arriving earlier to the kids zone, anointing the class and making a prayer... Or, to stop ironing on my ironing day and accompanying with joy a friend who needs to go to the doctor... Or, when I go grocery shopping for myself and remember an item that we need for the kids zone and buying it, even if it's something small... Are you getting it? We can be an a servant without limitations at every moment.

The servant without limits doesn't THINK at every moment about the Work of God, like they have to clock in and only serve during this time and, when it's time to clock out, they forget about this and go about their life, with their desires thinking it's "their time". The servant without limits lives THINKING at every moment about the Work of God, they may already be doing something for God but are still thinking what else they can he do for Him. They don't have limits... this is what makes the difference!

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me. 
(Psalm 139:7-10)

14 comments:

  1. A person without limits is bold,very courageous and doesn't think about what other people want to say because within they love Serving God.
    I remember i use to limit myself always putting a border infront of me that will prevent me from doing much more,I will always pray My God use me but when the opportunity comes ill think twice.Thank God I've changed my mentality put this border to side...I pray this spirit will remain.
    Chantel bxt

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we set limits half of the time we may not even know that we do it. We should be the opposite and be soo limitless that we do all that we can for God naturally. The greatest thing about that in my opinion, is that if people don't see it doesn't matter as God and God alone will take the glory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for answering my prayers : I now know why I was so unhappy, I realize that I needed to become limitless useful for God to accomplish His Work throuht me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something we can often just disregard, being a limitless servant could even mean you making yourself available to help, if preparing an even or something.
    It's so easy to do things to show to man just because we can see them, doing things to show to God is harder because we cannot see Him.
    I liked your comment on how some people think being a servant is to be in charge etc. because people think this, where as this couldn't be further from the truth.
    To be a servant is to serve, to do the very small and the very big things, to be limitless, mould able, versatile, we go where we are called, not where we want to go.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Jo-Anne. I totally agree with you dear.

      Delete
  5. God needs to be always in our minds , constantly in our thoughts this is when we can really and truly be close to Him. It's bit about being in the church 24/7 but it includes the way we are outside of church. We must be 24/7 ready to wait on God as a servant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fall very short of this message and when I say this I mean that I sometimes allow myself to be limited. The reason I think this is because I know if I didn’t allow myself to be limited, then I would be on a different level... I’m not talking 'position' wise but in general! Thank you for this blog post because many parts of it have stuck to me and I know that I will learn and grow from this... This message is definitely for me… Without a doubt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this message, it has allowed me to realise parts about myself i need to change. As it was said, you can do the Work of God but not the Will of God. But when you do the Will of God you automatically also do the Will of God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many even think that God is the one with the limits, that he chooses how he will use us but actually when we make ourselves limitless like you said and there God will " ah this one is willing to do everything, is always available even behind closed doors. Let me use her."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe those are the best types of service to God when no one can see because it really shows ur heart i really love this post and am going to really pray about this because i do not want to be someone with limitations. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone once said to me "gosh you're always busy doing something and you sacrifice so much for people who will never do the same for you. Do you ever have your time, a time you can call yours" and I answered no!! Why because the moment I create "me time" that's the time my own will can creep in that's the moment that my desires will fill me and I will lose, Gods will and His desire.
    So yes I may not have time to rest but I know that I have plenty of space to become a limitless servant and this I really want.
    Thank you for this post it helped me a lot

    ReplyDelete
  11. We always have to be a servant without limitations because it means God can use us anytime He likes and how He likes. If we have limitations we can only be used up to a certain point and God has no limits. For the measure we give, will be given back to us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. When we are limitless we do God's will all the time and we do not let our will have a say. Also its also the little things that count and when we do them just for God we go out of our way so that only God sees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And yet, there are many who think that they only become servants once they have been raised as an assistant.... Behold perfect examples on how we can actually be true servants of God; without limiations ... Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."