Monday, May 23, 2011

The wrong intention.

I remember when I first came to the church... more or less 9 years ago. A desire grew within me to serve God as an assistant, but that intention wasn't to save souls in reality, not even my soul was saved yet!

I observed all the assistants walking up and down the service room, counseling people and using a beautiful uniform. That was so attractive to me! I started getting involved in God's work, in the youth group, evangelizing, everything. My point was to get people's attention and be respected by them because when I was in the world  nobody respected me – I didn't receive any acknowledgment.

The intention of my heart was wrong... I only wanted to have a position in the church, not wanting to please God quite the contrary, I only wanted to please myself and satisfy my ego. 

I lived 4 years like this in the church with these selfish thoughts. Everyone was being blessed except me. Instead of going forwards I was going backwards. This really frustrated me. 

It was only until the penny dropped, and I was able to recognize how wrong I was. I needed to change. So then something happened, a change within me. My intensions, my goals were no longer turned towards pleasing me, but pleasing others, saving souls, it was then and there that a true desire was growing inside, not to please my self but to finally serve God...

After changing my intentions, 3 months passed and that was enough time to be baptized with the Holy Spirit and be raised up as an assistant. It was the happiest day of my life! I made a pact with God, to serve him with all my strength and with all my heart. It's been 5 years since this and I'm still in the same spirit, the same FAITH...

I remembered the verse in the bible that speaks of Hannah's story (1 Sam 1.11)

Hannah only received what she'd always wanted when she changed her heart's intentions. Before, she only wanted a son to get revenge on the person who kept provoking her... but, when she decided to have a son to glorify God, her answer came very quickly...

A secret to being victorious is in our intentions. We have to be sincere before God!

Hugs Mrs. Graciele,

Asst. Cristiane Silva

1 comment:

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."