Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 6 - My 21 Days

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God..." (Romans 8:28)

I always heard this verse and when I went through tough situations, struggles, difficulties and deserts... there I was confessing this. Today though, God spoke to me so strongly that I couldn't hold back my tears of happiness.

When God shares big things with us, and if we're immature, we run the risk of leaving space for our personal ambitions (our will). Ambitions deceive our heart, they lead us into emotions, because we begin to live our will and stop listening to God.

All strengtheonment and spiritual advancement (maturity) depend on us dying for our personal ambitions (our will) and instead living to do God's will (which isn't an easy task). When we allow God to be our main priority, adversity gains a new meaning, it's the means by which God keeps us attentive to His purposes for our lives. 

Today I can understand that I went and will go through difficult situations in order to acquire maturity and develop more trust in God. Isn't that wonderful? I have truly learned that everything does work for our good. Friends, I can have many flaws and mistakes but, it's wonderful to have this certainty inside you, that God is with you, that He is your all, even if war is breaking out all around you.

If you have not yet had this experience, friends work with all your strength, it's marvelous! And if you have and need to be renewed, don't waste time – return to your first love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."