Thursday, December 16, 2010

Strength is exactly what we need


One day a small opening appeared in a cocoon, a man sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to pass its body through that little hole. All of a sudden it stopped making progress.

It seemed that it had gotten as far as it could and could go no further. So then the man decided to help the butterfly, he took scissors and cut the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But its body was withered, small, and it had shriveled wings. The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the the body,which would become firm in time.

Nothing happened. In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a withered body and shriveled wings. It was never able to fly. What the man did not understand in his kindness and goodwill did to help the butterfly was that, the struggle inside the closed cocoon was necessary for the butterfly.

Passing through the tiny hole was the way in which God made the fluid from the body of the butterfly pass onto its wings so that it would be ready to fly once it was freed from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our lives.
If God allowed us to go through our lives without any obstacles, this would cripple us. We would not be as strong as we could be. We would never be able to fly.

I asked for Strength... and God gave me difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom... And God gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity... And God gave me a Brain and Muscles to work.

I asked for Courage... And God gave me fears to overcome.
I asked for Love... And God gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favors... And God gave me Opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted... But I received everything I needed.

1 comment:

  1. This post is strong. Not only because it is the truth but because whenever I look back at the trials I went through (in fact I was doing so this morning) I remember that they were hard for me but each one of them taught me lessons that I will never forget. God will mould us into overcomers when we do our part by fighting.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."