Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's worth the wait (Testimony of a Pastor's wife)

I came to the UCKG when I was 15 years old. I had dreams, was single and looking, had problems, friends, doubts, etc., I began attending the UCKG along with my family, I felt welcomed by the assistants, the youth group, and especially by God. I liked being in church but had not been born of God yet. So then, I started doing what my flesh wanted and began getting cold in my faith. Those good feelings from the beginning disappeared.

I met a guy, who at first was just a friend. We began liking each other, he was a good guy and he came to church with me, I quickly became his girlfriend. I didn't know I had to wait some time, to see if he was the right one for me. My dad was against this relationship from the start, but I insisted, and with that my spiritual life went up in ashes!

I was no longer in the mood to seek God, I became cold. Time went by and my mother kept fighting for me, took me to church, I kept going because I was forced then the unexpected happened: I started to go back, I became aware that I needed God in my life. In every meeting I felt God take me in and strengthen me. But it wasn't easy to go back, oh how I struggled fighting against myself, against the world, and against my own will but from then on I came back even stronger, I took part in everything, I was firm, I was very happy to be back but still, I had a problem. My current relationship was not pleasing God and that made me feel guily.

It was then that God used my dad to prevent me from dating sinceI was still living at home, I obeyed and broke up with my first boyfriend leaving behind all the dreams I had with him and replacing them with the dreams of God. Don't think this was easy... It was very difficult for me, I suffered a lot, I cried, but I believed and clung to God without knowing he was preparing me for the future...

The purposes of faith of my mom had been doing were being answered - she wanted me to marry a man of God. A year later I met Paulo, my husband. I never imagined that one day I'd marry a pastor, but God doesn't choose the perfect, right?

We have faced many challenges together, the distance, the wait (we dated for four years). Today, thank God we're together for four years, we're happy, he's a man of God, has a good character, he's not perfect, because nobody is a Prince Charming only in movies, but he's someone I love very much, admire and respect for his love of souls.

So that's it, now I'm twenty-eight years old, and I can say I gave up many things, but God given me the best. Believe me, it's worth the wait, it's worth trusting for.

Hugs,
Gisele

3 comments:

  1. What a great testimony! When my mum brought me at the church, at first, she forced me. I didn't like it, but now I can say that it's because she forced me that I'm still here! I thank God for using my mum to attract me, God is the greatest gift she ever offered me! I'm sure that very soon, I will have such a great testimony which will help many girls around the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful to have a mother of God, she fights for her children, what a blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is blessed now but imagine if she never really put her trust in God and decided to do things in her own way? It would have been a nightmare. So what I must do is trust God and really focus on knowing and doing His will and He will bless.

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."