Saturday, October 8, 2011

Seeking until further notice (Part 2)

When I got home, it was as if my day had already ended. My head what swarming with thoughts wanting to understand what had happened. I remember that in my house I didn't have any privacy, my living room was my bed. I needed to speak to God, I was still holding my tears, and I didn't want to let it all in front of my mom.

I took my bible and went to a block close to home, where there was no one. I began crying, question God why... I was serving Him with all my heart, I had done anything to receive this. And that's when He spoke to me:

"For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." (Hebrews 6:10-12)

When we serve God, we are blessed! We are HIS people! That should be the real motivation to continue growing in Christ. There in no injustice in the work of God, if we see something go wrong, it's with people... Know first that God sees all things... Secondly, He lets those things happen. If were are true servants of God, we have to go through tests, through situations that we weren't expecting, we are not pampered when we serve God, things like these will always happen and we'll have to overcome them with perseverance and patience, and this way, we'll be acknowledged. If were really are serving God, then, it's normal for us to trust in Him, right? That's exactly what God spoke to me... it was a bucket of cold water!

I went back home, fully aware that I was indeed serving God, I would continue doing my part. A uniform would not make the difference, but rather me, behaving as a servant, God knew this was what I needed and I finally understood. 

I did as the pastor had told me, I went to church everyday to participate of the meetings (even Fridays I passed through the trail of salt) I even thought... I can do more without a uniform, I then made a prayer book and before the meetings started, I would sit with the people and ask for their names to pray for. I evangelized on Sundays...for me this period of time was very powerful. Being put down as they say, was not a punishment for me but a necessity for my life with God. I continued serving God, and you want to know for how long this went on? 7 months... That's right.

Besides I never stopped serving my God because He is the most important One in my life and I didn't stop saving soles. Many came and told me I was dumb, that I had to report the pastor to the head one, because they can't do that. I didn't do it, I knew God was working in this situation... I trusted in Him. I only gained during those 7 months...

I'll continue this... just wait :-)

Read part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."