Monday, June 27, 2011

Recent experience in the work of God III - Final

When I left that city, in front of men my husband and I had lost. I didn't see it that way though. I knew what we were going through and was aware that I was putting my salvation at risk.

I returned once again to Houston with a purpose in my heart to start all over again. I remember it was hard, I had to endure jokes, neglet, (the devil knows just what to do to make us give up... he doesn't need us to leave the altar, he only has to make our hearts sad, contaminated, upset, this way he makes our heart into his party, winning time and also blocking our work to win souls.) Even though all this was going on I knew one thing, God was with me, nothing nor anyone could take away this certainty from me. This same week my husband began working with youth, it was a new challenge and blessing.

Everything was new and we were serving God. The thoughts came back still in my mind though of what I had gone through. I still wasn't able to see my collegues with good eyes, I needed to overcome this, I had to do something.

A few weeks passed and a meeting was announced with the youth girls of Houston. No way on earth could I miss this! I still didn't understand much English... but anything that added to my spiritual life, I was there. God does everything so perfect, the meeting was a blessing for me, I was able to understand a lot of things and one of them was about the Sisterhood. It was everything I wanted. It didn't matter that I was a Pastor's wife, I decided to try out and turned in my application... I really wanted to join! I did all the tasks and it was difficult but, a month to remember... I was accepted!

The first go-personal task I received I couldn't believe. I had to read several times lol. It was so difficult to return to the situation I had left. I felt a knot in my stomach while I was reading it. But it was only God who wanted me to resolve this issue how He wanted, so that's what I did.

I was finally able to get in touch with my old colleague, she was needing someone because her mom wasn't doing all that well. That's the reason I used to call her. After that, I had to change the subject so she wouldn't hang up... it was strange but I had no idea how I managed to straighten up so many things. (I don't think she knew what was going on.) When we hung up, it was such a relieve lol! I was able to talk and laugh with her, we had never done that before. After that call I sent her letters, emails, called her, and we did a purpose for her mom. I still couldn't believe it was happening.

Now I can say from the bottom of my heart that it was worth it. My husband and I don't have bad eyes towards our collegues. We've ran into each other a couple of times and there's nothing bad between us. I had to decide and change this situation, to break this pride with the help of my big sister.

This is the kind of attitude that pleases God. It doesn't matter what title you hold, have good eyes, have respect, have love, perhaps your colleague is having attitudes that aren't good (remember we all have faults, we have to learn to love one another).

Don't let this happen to you... If this has started happening, start working now because the devil isn't worried if we're still serving, but HOW it is we're serving. It doesn't matter what we are doing, it matters what WE ARE and to remain with the good eyes we had since the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. So strong, really opened my eyes. Very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty and testimony are really helping me. Bad eyes tried to contaminate my heart too and it really does destroy your ministry because God can't use you like He wants, plus your conscious is not clear which is what the devil loves!
    God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very strong thank you very much this has really helped me the devil doesnt want you to leave the altar all he needs is for you to be sadand keep things in your heart then u become his playground too strong! once again thank you and God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though it is years later. I just read this blog right now and it is extremely interesting. I found that what really stuck out to me is what you said a few times throughout this series ' The devil doesn't care that we are serving ( even if it's on the altar) but instead how we are serving' trying to dirty our hearts or put anything in our way to tarnish the way we serve. we need to constantly keep an eye out for that. Thank you for sharing such a personal experience to help us all learn from it : - ) God bless from a sister in faith

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."