Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recent experience in the work of God (2009) - Part I


I've been out of the country for about 3 years. The experiences I've been through have been a turning point with my walk with God. In all truth, the time that I lived in Brazil doesn't compare with the time I've lived here. I'm not ashamed to write about myself, even if I am a pastor's wife. I've learned that if I reveal something I struggled with, a mistake that I made, I can save other people from doing the same. That was my objective when I first started this blog.

After having the experience of being born of God, which was here (Later on I'll write about it), I learned that God had chosen me to come to the USA because he knew I needed to be saved, and then save souls. I needed to get out of my comfort zone (Brazil), to understand a lot of things.

Here as a pastor's wife, we have a lot of opportunities. The work of God needs to grow, there's a lot of things to do here. But a few months back, I ended up laying a trap for myself.

For me, serving God is the most important thing after my salvation. The time that I've been here I've been in church's that were far away (Only me and my husband). I got used to being alone, for me everything was alright. I was serving God, my mind was always busy with something, always thinking up of ideas to save souls, praying, and etc.

It was when I received news I would go to another place. In that moment I was so happy. It would be a new experience, I'd be going to a church that needed to grow (I love challenges), and also I found out it wouldn't just be my husband and I but, another couple would be going as well. I loved the idea. So much time working alone, we were finally going to have colleagues of the same faith. We'd be in the same church and live together. I never had problems in the work of God, I always got along with everyone.

We began this great new challenge in that church and in one faith... In the beginning...

I'll continue this, do you want to know what happened?

Read Part 2

1 comment:

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."