What does it mean to listen?
- Emptying your mind in order to receive everything the other person is saying.
- Being in the conversation in body and soul, putting your worries to the side.
- Don't be defensive, trying to justify or explain yourself.
- Don't take criticism or suggestions personally.
- Close your mouth when the other person is speaking and open your ears.
- Don't try to guess what the person is about to say, or how they feel.
Open your ears and hear with at least two of your senses, audibly and visually.
When our communion with God is personal and intense, everything around us becomes uncomplicated becoming simple.