Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Don't get tired of planting!


A new day begins in our life. It's a day to plant and sew good seeds. Only those who plant good seeds reap good fruits. The dream of every person is to reap happiness. Nobody was born to be unhappy. We all dream with a rich harvest of happiness. But to reap, it is necessary to start planing. Most of the time we forget to plant or get tired of planting seeds. And then here we are, surprised when the harvest is not good. How are we supposed to reap what we don't plant? Paul says "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." (Galatians 6:9)

Sometimes I see people getting tired of planting good. 

They say, "I invested so much in that person for nothing! I didn't get anything in return! Now, I may as well just give up!"

"I'm tired of always being available for them! It's always the same ones who do everything! Those other people don't do anything, ever!"

"Yes, I'm tired of serving, of loving, of doing good."

We can never get tired... Because, He insists, "Don't give up! Don't get discouraged! In time you will reap! Lets learn from the patience and perseverance of the farmer. He knows that to harvest it is necessary to plant, whatever the cost. Sometimes the seed and rain is not sufficient for a good harvest. Sometimes the farmer plants but a storm comes and takes away his seed. Sometimes he plants but the insects come and devour the hard work. Even though these things happen, he doesn't give up planting. He is persistent because he knows that at the right time the harvest will come.

How can I harvest friendship if I get tired of doing good to others?

How can I harvest peace if I've gotten tired of forgiving?

How can I harvest love if I don't want to serve anymore?

How can I harvest happiness if I don't work hard for the happiness of others?

How can I harvest blessings if I live complaining about life?

The great things are not obtained by our strength, but by our perseverance.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I want to never get tired of planting, so many times we let time, doubts and problems make us tired of persevering. We can let our first Love with God.

    ReplyDelete

"A servant that has the same characteristics as God does not only do His work, but overall, His will."